2017 ISAM Grant in Aid of Travel
A Grant-in-Aid-of-Travel is available to encourage applications from ISAM membership to attend and present at the 19th ISAM Annual meeting to be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirate Oct 26-29, 2017. For this information please go to (www.isamweb.org).
The grant is to a maximum value of $2500 US based on costs (receipts required) and will be presented at the Closing Ceremony, the ISAM Annual General Meeting or another event as per the program. The successful applicant is responsible for travel arrangements, visa for entry into the country if applicable, medical/travel insurance and hotel as well as any general expenses for the congress. The ISAM Office may process conference registration from the grant or it can be done directly by the applicant.
- Be affiliated with organizations with the capability/history of addiction medicine research, teaching & /or treatment;
- Be involved in research, and/or clinical and teaching activities in field of addiction medicine
- Showing promise of developing future research in activities related to addiction medicine
- Present at the ISAM 2017 conference
- Having sufficient knowledge of the language to present in English
- Fellows must not have received ISAM-related grant travel support in the past year
- The ISAM grant in aid of travel will only be awarded once per individual.
- Valid license to practice medicine is mandatory
- Valid visa (if required) to travel to Canada
- ISAM Board members are not eligible to apply
Application Must Include:
- Abstract: “objectives, methods, results and conclusions” model is expected
- Short curriculum vitae including birthday and list of publications (max two pages)
- Two letters of reference (in English) stating (1) benefits of the applicant to his/her further research and/or clinical practice or teaching, and (2) potential contribution to the home country in case of attending the meeting. [Selection Committee members are not eligible to provide a reference]
- Estimation of travel costs
Application procedure – (Incomplete or delayed applications will not be considered)
A cover letter or email with contact information include mailing information and the other documentation may be emailed to ISAM.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is July 1st, 2017
- CV – Affiliation to addiction related organizations, addiction training research/teaching
- Quality of Abstract: objectives, methods, results, conclusions
- Potential contribution to home country addiction research and ISAM activities
Members of the ISAM Executive: ISAM President, President-Elect, and Treasurer will compose the Selection Committee.
Participants are advised to arrange adequate coverage for travel and health insurance before departing from their home country. The organizers do not accept any liability for personal injuries or for loss or damage to property belonging to meeting participants, either during or as a result of the event.